YELLOW STRIPE TO YELLOW BELT
(Children and Adults)
Signifies the Earth from which a plant sprouts and takes root as the Tae Kwon Do foundation is being laid.
Pattern or Poomse:
DAN-GUN(21 movements) is names after the holy DAN-GUN, the legendary funder of Korea in the year 2333 B.C.
- Jumping Back Kick
- Outside Crescent Kick
- Jumping Round House Kick
- Lead Leg Side Kick
- Inside Crescent Kick
- Combination of all kicks
Combinations Punches and Blocks:
- Double Knife and Guarding Block
- L-Stance Knife Hand Strike
- Low-Block-High-Block (continuous movement); Full sine wave with 1 breath.
- Twin Block-L-Stance; Set up wrist to wrist. Top hand is at the center of the head, and bottom hand is on the inside shoulder with palm facing out.
- High Front Punch
- High Block
Self Defence (Movement and Application)
- Meaning of DAN-GUN
- Movement Application
- Number of Movements in DAN-GUN
- Student Oath
- Descrption of Techniques and Stances