BLACK STRIPE I TO BLACK STRIPE II
(Children and Adults)
Signifies danger, cautioning the student to exercise control and guarding the opponent to stay away.
Pattern or Poomse:
CHOONG-MOO (30 movements) was the name given to Admiral Yi Sun-Sin of the Yi Dynasty. He was reputed to have invented the first armoured battleship (kobukson), which was the precursor of the present day submarine, in 1592 A.D. The reason why this pattern finishes with left-hand attack is to symbolize his regrettable death, having had no chance to show his unrestrained potential checked by the forced reservation of this loyalty to the King.
- Twisting Kick
- High Jumping Side Kick-Punch (2-dimentional)
- Jumping Reverse Turning Kick
- Triple Kick-Side Kick-Hook Kick-Round House Kick
- Combination on All Kicks
Combination of Punches and Blocks: Adults Only
- Knife-Hand Middle Side Block
- Y-Knife Middle Side Block
- Double Palm Upward Block
Bag Work and Target Training
- Meaning of CHOONG-MOO
- Number of Movements in CHOONG-MOO
- Movements Application
- Description of Techniques and Stances
Board Breaking: (Techniques will vary)
- Practice Technique-the instructor will let you know your techniques at least 2-4 weeks in advance.
- Surprise Technique-the instructor will let you know on test day.
- Breaking will be either regular, power breaking, speed breaking, and/or special technique breaking.